Maguire University School of Bracketology
Each year Alumni, Students, and Friends compete in the school’s annual NCAA Bracket Challenge. A Master’s Degree is awarded annually to the participant with the highest overall grade point average. Alternatively, the participant with the lowest overall GPA is admonished by the Dean with a Biggest Loser Demerit.
Master of Bracketology Recipients
- 2019: Richard Bellis with Virginia winning it all!
- 2018: Frank Karkut as Villanova takes the title again!!
- 2017: Rob Driscoll: Had his UNC Tarheels going all the way
- 2016: Todd Costigan: Had Kansas going all the way …. but we all know Villanova took the title!
- 2015: Frank Karkut: Perfect down the stretch with all 4 Final Four teams, Both Semi Teams and Duke as the winner!
- 2014: Jim Maguire: And he didn’t even have the winner, UCONN, but did have Kentucky in the final game and Wisconsin in the Final Four
- 2013: Danny Kelly Sr.: Put it all on Louisville
- 2012: Tom Cirrincione: Kentucky going all the way
- 2011: John May
- 2010: Art Duffy Sr.: Duke going all the way to the Championship
Biggest Loser Recipients
- 2019: Barb O’Toole Schmitz coming in at 123rd!
- 2018: John Maguire, with only 77 points!
- 2017: Bill Ryan got dragged down by his hometown team, Kansas Jayhawks
- 2016: Kathy Duffy: hmmmmm…..
- 2015: Adam Martucci: Enough said!
- 2014: John Carey: Did he think there was a prize for last place?
- 2013: TJ Morris: The worst of the worst!!
- 2010: George Hoey: No teams left in the Final Four
2019 Program Rules
- You are invited to join the PickHoops bracket group Maguire University.
- Participants choose the winners of this year’s NCAA college basketball tournament.
- To join, click here or copy and paste this URL into your browser: http: //www.pickhoops.com/maguireu
- You’ll be asked for your name and email address, and to create a new user password for yourself. Then you’ll be asked for the group password: Jollymen
- Bracket entry starts Sunday, March 11th at 11:00 PM EDT
- Online bracket entry closes Thursday, March 15th at 12:18 PM EDT
Be sure to get your brackets in early!