Burger Bash 3
We will be moving this summer and have decided to postpone the next Burger Bash until 2017!! Lots of time to perfect your recipes!!
- Saturday, September 30, 2017 @ 4pm to 9pm
- Home of Art Duffy and Meg Comer
- 5888 N Forest Glen Ave
- Chicago, IL 60646
Multiple Teams (10-15 max) will compete for the Best Burger in 2 separate competitions. The Most Popular Burger Award goes to the team with the most votes from attendees. Each attendee will receive a voting chip at the registration desk when they arrive and will have the options to puchase a limited amount of additional chips that they will use to vote for their favorite burger. The team with the most chips wins. The Judges Choice Award will be determined by 5-7 anonymous judges who will evealuate burgers and team stations throughout the event and present their winner at the end of the day. Winners will be announced around 8pm. In addition to some really great eats, there will be beer, water, music and games.
Everyone attending is asked to make a $25 donation that will benefit our chosen charity for 2014, Operation Support Our Troops – America. This is a wonderful organization whose roots began in Naperville, IL, they are dedicating to supporting deployed military forces, veterans and their families. Check it out at: http://osotamerica.org
Tickets to the event can be purchased in advance or at the entry to the event. But purchasing in advance really helps us with our planning in regards to the amount of food, beverages and other essentials. If you are part of a participating team, you do not need to purchase a ticket, your contribution to the day is your hard work and yummy burgers! Purchase tickets online by <clicking here>
Entering a Team into the Competition
A maximum of 15 Teams will compete simultaneously in 2 competitions. 1. Most Popular Burger Award: Every attendee gets (1) voting chip upon entry and can purchase additional chips for $5 or (5) chips for $20. The team receiving the most voting chips wins. 2. Judges Choice Award: 5-7 anonymous judges will evaluate each team during the course of the event based on the following criteria:
70% on your Burger
30% on team presentation and spirit. This can include themes, decorations, costumes and interaction with attendees.
Teams will be provided with the following:
(3) 8 ft tables
Charcoal Grill and Charcoal
200 Plates & Napkins
Paper Towels and Food Preparation Gloves
Electric Power if needed. Let us know
Teams are responsible for preparing sliders for 200 people and anything else they can come up with! If you wish to enter a team into the competition, please contact Art Duffy by email (email@example.com) or phone (773.255.9900)
Burger Bash 1 Video
Directions from Downtown Chicago
- 1. Driving Directions: 90/94 West, bear left onto 90W at split, take exit 81B Sayre Avenue, follow Sayre through 2 sets of lights and Overhill Ave is the 2nd street on right and does not have a street sign but it will be blocked off for the party so you will see us!!
- 2. Metra to Edison, then about 3/4 mile walk or call taxi
- 2. Blue Line to Harlem and then 88 Bus to Overhill and you will be left at the corner of the even
- Park Ridge Taxi (847) 823-3111
Hotel Information We have reserved a block of rooms at the Springhill Suites about 1 mile from the event and a few miles from O’Hare Intl Airport. Rooms must be booked by July 7th to receive our negotiated rate.
- Springhill Suites
- 8101 Higgins Road
- Chicago, IL 60631
- Negotiated Rate: $114 per night, reference Maguire University Burger Bash or book on-line by clicking <here>
- Includes: Hot Breakfast Buffet, 24 hour airport shuttle, transporatation to and from local attactions (3mile radius), Parking, Fitness Center and Indoor Pool, refrigerator and microwave in every room.
- Deadline: Booking must be made by July 7th
If you wish to stay in Downtown Chicago and need help booking please contact Katy Green at (312) 404-4054 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Burger Bash Program and Menu 2014
2013: Maguire U Culinary, Beef Honkeys, Smokin Hot
2014: Maguire U Culinary, Beef Honkeys, Burger M*A*S*H, Big Boss Grillers
- 2015: Tie for 1st – Chillin and Grillin & Your Beef is Cooked, Saucy Sliders
Most Popular Vote:
2013: Saucy Sliders
2014: Saucy Sliders
- 2015: Balboa Burgers